Let me tell you a story from a landlord’s seat.
I own a townhouse that I used to live in. I lived in it for 15 years, and
it took that long to pay it off. When it was paid off, I started to save
money. 5 years later I had the downpayment for a much nicer/bigger house.
rented out the townhouse for $850. Of that $850, $200 goes for condo
and another hundred for property taxes. So really I get $550. The first
tenent I had decided to knock down a wall between two bedrooms. This
the roof to sag and the repairs cost me $11,000. Not to mention they
me two months rent when they took off. I found them and brought them to
court. The court costs were $2000. I won my case, but the poor tenents
on welfare, so I got nothing. Ok my next tenents (who only lived there for
six months stole the washer, dryer, fridge and stove. My current tenents
seem OK so far, but they were saying the furnace was not working. I had it
inspected, and the gas company turned off the gas. I need to buy a new
furnace, which I am doing. But the tenents say it is too cold to live with
no heat, so they moved into a hotel, and are telling me I have to pay
hotel bill. The furnace guys tell me they can only put a new one in next
week. The furnace is going to cost me about $3000. They are a family of
in a hotel for ten days. Who knows what that’ll cost. I thought it was
to be a good idea to rent out the home my kids grew up in. I want to keep
for them, when they have their own families, but I’m not sure I’ll be able
to. Renting it out is just costing me too much. I have not made any
at all. It is turning into a money pit. If all tenents were Ok, it would
be a problem. My current tenents are OK. It is not their fault about the
furnace, but did they really have to go to a hotel? Anyway, I am just
whinning here. I am sure you have your own troubles. Have a nice day.
If I were you, I put in couple CSA approved Electric Heaters. Adjust the
heater’s control so that the room temperature is maintain and above 70
degree. If they insist to live in the Hotel, It is up to them. And is not
for you to worry, but if they want you to pay for the Hotel Cost, then they
will have to take it to court. And if they Not Pay Rent, then prepare to
serve the Form N4 – Termination of Tenancy for non-Payment of Rent right
away on the next month.
It is not your fault that the furnace breaks down. And you have already
taken the immediate action, It is the Gas Company that takes time to ship
the furnace in and install. However you can call them to speed up the
process or purchase it form another store.
What if a tornado, lighting hits them or the tenant carelessly burn up your
townhouse because they didn’t turn off the stove, is it your fault? Or
Hydro Company had a blew transformer, and the meat in their freeze went bad.
It is the unexpected. If the cause is not by you, then you shouldn’t have
to be responsible for it. However, I would suggest you and your tenant
both to purchase appropriate insurance to cover each of you.
Also make sure you have a Working Smoke Detector and a Carbon Monoxide in
your Rental unit. It is a by-law.
Associated Hotel Furnace Question: vet looking for furnace apartment orlando florida?
Hello I’m a vet that is looking for a place to rent a furnace apartment or hotel don’t have alot of money ,but somewhere safe and cheap can anyone help. Furnished sorry typing to fast
- Answer:First off, thank you for your military service. The word you are looking for is however ‘furnished’, not ‘furnace’. I don’t live in Orlando, so I really can’t say. But I would suggest that you go to your local housing authority or look online for low-income housing organizations. The housing authority will have tons of flyers and info – and pretty much you can find that same info online. Keep in mind that the phrase ’safe and cheap’ isn’t really always valid in the real world. ‘Cheap’ places experience a lot of drug traffic and fights, break-ins, you name it – all kinds of unsavory behavior. Sometimes even the hallway is used as a restroom or a convenient place to throw up or even pass out. ‘I couldn’t make it to the bathroom’.
Associated Hotel Furnace Question:I need a good chainsaw for work?
I work at a hotel where we heat our pool, spa, and half of the building with a Hawken wood furnace boiler system. I need to cut about 10 cord of wood per month and i need a good saw for probably as cheap as i can get that will last. The boss doesn’t want to spend a whole lot. What is a good saw you would recommend?
- Answer:If you are cutting that amount of wood you need a decent saw-not one that you can buy cheaply and will break down every few times you use it. The previous reply was good. There is only one-well perhaps two makes that are any good for serious cutting-Stihl and Husqvana though Stihl is the best but they are both expensive-you get what you pay for. I would never buy a second hand chain saw except in exceptional circumstances. There are different grades of machines available-for example for the Professional for heavy duty use-for the farmer smallholder-and for the person who only cuts occasionally. If your boss does not want to spend money its going to end up costing him money in the end if you get an inferior machine. I cut tropical hardwoods abroad where there is difficulty in obtaining parts and repairs so there is only one make for me-Stihl-they are absolutely the best even though my biggest ones cost more than £1,000. I have used Husqvana on occasions but they do not last as well as Stihls
Associated Hotel Furnace Question:The sims 2 ds help please?
ok people say to recharge the metal detector go to the hotels furnace and it will give u an option to recharge with fuel rods.. but does it let u do this when the furnace is full? and how do u save that guy from the aliens and how can i make money quick xD
- Answer:Yes you can charge the metal dector when the furnace is full. The only timeyou can`t is when it`s empty. To save the guy from the aliens you have to have a water gun which you can get from some guy who will be standing outside the hotel. To make money quick go into the desert with your metal dector and find as much stuff as you can and sell it all. Obviously try to have as many guests as possible at your hotel and keep them happy. Happy playing =]
Associated Hotel Furnace Question:Landlord hasn’t fixed heat. ALMOST A FULL MONTH NO HEAT.?
My husband and I, our two year old son and my sister recently rented a house month to month. On Thanksgiving Day, we started having problems with the furnace, it would only sometimes kick on, and when it did, the front yard smelled like gas (It is a giant unit on the roof). I contacted the landlord the next day and told her the problem. Her husband looked at it that day and said it needed a new part. They would have to order it, said they would have it in a week and brought a space heater. Dec 1 arrives and the landlord’s son comes by to collect the rent, saying that they needed the rent to pay for the part. I couldn’t pay it until the 6th due to the move and my SSI check being late. We ended up buying 2 more space heaters. Now, this morning, Dec. 21, almost a full month later, I wake up to 53 degrees in the house. Outside its -4 degrees. The 4 space heaters we have running can’t put out enough heat. I call the landlord again and she says the part should have been in last week, but “hopefully” it will be in tomorrow. She also sends her husband over with a 50 ft extension cord so we can put another space heater in our room without blowing all the fuses. At this point I have no idea what I can do. We don’t have money to move again, less than 60 days after the first move. We literally have NO money until my husband gets paid tomorrow. The best we could do is move into a hotel TOMORROW, wait for the furnace to get fixed, and hope we can get reimbursed for the hotel. I don’t know if she is blowing me off or if she is really having trouble getting a part. Is there anything I can do? I live in hobart indiana. The housing authority has a year waiting list, we contacted them before we moved in here. I can’t hold out with space heaters, thats the problem. Its 53 degrees in the house with 4 space heaters running constantly, they all have to run on low or we end up blowing fuses. If it was going to take this long, wouldn’t it have been a common courtesy to give me some sort of update in the THREE AND A HALF WEEKS we have been without heat. During those three and a half weeks, we haven’t been able to use 1 of the bedrooms, and we have pretty much secluded ourselves in the back family room. We have towels IN the door jams to keep drafts out and its STILL 53 degrees. My son has to stay in our bedroom ALL day because if he comes out and eats in the 2nd warmest room, his hands start to turn purple. We CANNOT live like this.
- Answer:The housing authority does NOT have a one year waiting list. That is for welfare housing, which is not what you would be calling about. Call them about the heat. The landlord HAS to provide you with a heat source. If the furnace is the only heat source (no fire place, no baseboard heaters, etc) they have to fix the furnace ASAP. Unfortunately for you ordering is part is taking action, as the landlord can not effect mail service. However, unless the son is a licensed HVAC technician the landlord legally has not done anything. The housing authority will come out the same day you call, unless there is something like a storm going on that slows them down. They will verify you do not have working heat and determine what to do. Most likely they will give you a report and tell you to call a HVAC tech yourself and deduct it from the rent. They will tell the landlord to expect the deduction, and fine him/her as well for being a jerk. They may tell you to go to a hotel, but it is doubtful with the space heaters. But ask them about it. The landlord will not have to pay for the hotel, you can pick any hotel you want. The landlord will pay 1/30th of your rent toward the hotel per pay.
Associated Hotel Furnace Question:Fastest way to evict tenants living in my home in NJ?
I have an owner occupied rental, tenants living in my home on the 2nd floor, we live downstairs. It is a month to month agreement in New Jersey and I believe because we live in the home, it should be easier to evict them, their not covered by certain tenancy things from what i’ve read in the truth in renting guide. They are nightly disturbing us, stomping around loudly on purpose, waking up my kids, avoiding us altogether to communicate about late rent payments, and they have only been here since April. Their May payment was only $800 out of $1400 owed, and they have paid June but nothing for July. In May our furnace went so we had no hot water for a few days and we kindly paid for a hotel for them during the inconvenience, not many landlords would do this, but we did. After they left, the hotel charged us an additional $200 because our lovely tenants flooded the room destroying hotel property and didnt tell the hotel employee, just left, calling later to ask for a new room. They used the furnace dying as an excuse not to pay May’s rent, trying to scare us that its a vital facility, etc, etc. But I know the law, and we fixed it as fast as we could….we live here too with my 4 kids, obviously we’re not going to ignore the problem. Since then, they text us at 2 am complaining their cable box is working weird, it’s too hot, the a/c units we LENT them aren’t enough, their disabled and don’t have to pay us, etc. etc. It’s SO ridiculous, its obvious they abuse the system and try to look for any little problem and turn it into a big one to live here for free for several months. The other thing to is they lied and said it was the husband, wife and 14 yr old son moving here. The day they move in, along with them comes their disabled senior citizen grandma who obviously is their ticket to free rentals but who is NOT on the agreement, therefore I think illegally here. They got evicted before they moved to our home and we naively rented to them, BIG mistake. I am uncomfortable in my own home, the husband only comes out to walk his dog when im around, he’s too chicken to talk to my husband but he’ll walk by giving me dirty looks. They demanded upon moving in all the premium cable channels and dvr boxes, internet, etc and they’ve been getting these services on top of about 10 to fifteen pay per view movies a month thats getting charged to our account and they haven’t paid a dime for. When they moved in they said: take our old washer, old mower, etc and I cautioned my husband not to take things from them, they could hold it against us. Their not our friends, their our renters. Now they ARE trying to say my husband took their washer/dryer and sold it without their permission, which i’m sure is another excuse they’ll use for not paying us. Their treating us like we’re the system and we owe them and should be thanking them they’ve partially paid rent. I feel like i’ve adopted some ungrateful children, their horrible. They all don’t work, they sit up there collecting checks and complain about every little thing. I’ve researched a lot, but the problem is a lot of it applies to regular leases, not owner occupied rentals for month to month agreements. I want to try to give them a shorter notice, I don’t want to giive them a 30 day notice then go to court. I know they’ll prolong it as much as they can, it’s what they did at their last rental and then received assistance from DYFS to pay their 1st and last mths rent here. I just want them OUT. Any advice?
- Answer:Wow, I feel really sorry for you. Kick ‘em out as soon as you get the opportunity. The hotel part was just ridiculous.
Associated Hotel Furnace Question:Is landlord responsible for lodging during a repair?
I own a 2 family house. One tenant receives Section 8 rental subsidy. The old oil furnace to her unit kept breaking down, so we ordered a new gas furnace unit. The installer began the work to replace it the same day we disconnected the old unit. The house is not completely without heat; 2 of the bedrooms and the full bath have built-in electric wall radiators that give full heat and do not depend on the furnace at all. It has been 4 days, and will most likely be finished by the weekend. The weather has been chilly (35 at night, 45 during the day), but not life-threatening cold. I realize it has been inconvenient, but there is no other way to change the furnace. The tenant reported me to the health department for not providing heat, and is demanding that I pay for a hotel until the work is done. Am I legally required to provide lodging during this repair? It does not have “practically no heat”. The kitchen and living room have no heat. The bedrooms and bath have full heat from the electric radiators. I got a call from the health department today. They sent an inspector to the apartment ot investigate the complaint of “no heat provided”. He called me to say that the living room was 66 degrees, the kitchen was 65, and the bedrooms were 76. The bathroom was only 58 because the tenants didn’t turn the heater on in there. According to the health inspector, a working source of heat and temperatures above 65 in the living areas indicated that there was no issue of lack of heat. As he put it “Even if you didn’t replace the furnace, you’d still be within the law as long as the electric heating is working to full capacity”. That’s a relief!
- Answer:It depends on what state you are in, because the laws are different, state to state. But, in general, if the house had some source of heating, then you are not responsible for hotel costs. They could have and should have stayed slept in the bedrooms. Furthermore, the kitchen and living room were not ‘unusable’. For the sake of you BBB standing (if you have one) you can offer and $ or % amount concession on their next month’s rent. Also, as this has happened to me before, you should say that you will have to have your lawyers consider it, and they are going to need to see your tenent’s receipt from the hotel stay. 1. Hotels do not take cash — but in the event that they found one that did, that hotel will still have record of their stay, and they should be able to obtain a copy. 2. This is a classic scam, so be careful — they may not have stayed at a hotel at all.
Associated Hotel Furnace Question: lease read my essay and tell me what you think. Please fix any spelling that you find. Im from Norway lol?
:To: Sonja Meijer Bundeskanzleramt Postfach 6261 124 Berlin There is complete silence in the air. The inevitable thought of the man and women is slowly appearing in the back of their already filled heads. Heads filled with the most sincere emotions for the people that they offered everything to keep safe. To keep safe from the ever growing army’s for the anti-Semitic believers. The signs of a cowardly war is approaching. A war that has slowly been growing. Ever so carefully, waiting for the perfect time to strike. A war in witch the innocent lives of women and children will be lost. And for this I ask, for what? For believing in the fate that others disagree? These are the signs of a holy war. A war that one of the sides has not asked for, or wanted. As I am writing this I have not the slightest idea if this letter will be read by the ones that I love so dearly. If it dose not arrive to my beloved wife and unborn child then you can reassure yourselves that your safety and well-being will be in my prayers. If you do receive this letter then I will reassure you that everything down here in the Netherlands is going as planed. After I passed the borderline from Germany to Netherlands the cold sweat in the back of my neck started to fade. Now we were only a couple of days away from mine, and many others new home for an undecided amount of time, Huize Kraaybeek. A small and unheard-of refugee camp. Filled with the men and women who left loved ones, to protect them from a inevitable war. Huize Kraaybeek lies in the second largest town in the Netherlands, Rotterdam. It lies on the outskirts of the city, away from unwelcome visitors. After 2 days of travelling we arrived at Huize Kraaybeek, as soon as we set foot on the new country we were given orders by the owner and boss of the so called hotel. A hotel for wealthy tourist and powerful and most likely corrupt politicians and their small families. We where never told his name, but we were told in advance to call him Albert Smit, to keep him, his associates and the refugees safe. When Albert unlooked the two locks on the front door, we for the first time got to see our new home for an undetermined amount of time. It was spectacular. The walls where painted with the finest paint and the carpet was made of Berlin wool. The depressed look on your tired faces started to change. There was laughter and excitement in the air. But something did not feel right. As soon as our lifeless faces turn around Albert came inn slightly irritated. “Keep moving too your right and down the ladder”. And as soon as the mood changed the lifeless faces started to slowly appear once again. Once we got down the cold and wet ladder we realized for the first time what was in store for us. It was a hot, wet and depressing furnace room with no windows with just a single light bulb and the extremely hot furnace oven. It felt like we where in the deepest depth of hell. Locked out from society. The room was no bigger then the reception at the theatre we used to go to a long time ago. As I write this I get more and more anxious to go home and witness the birth of our child. To see my family and your annoying mother. To get up early, before anyone has even opened there eye lids to go to work, and not come home until late at night when everybody has gotten tired. And this anxious feeling will only become stronger as time goes by. As I sit here staring at the mouldy cement walls I am dreaming off going home. But I don’t know when that day will come. But that is enough of me and my unimportant complaints. As long as you and our family is safe then I will do this with a smile. I would like you to know that you and your families will be in my prayers. And hopefully this predicted war is nothing more then a lie, and I will be back as son as I left. I hope to see you all soon. Abreham J. Meijer
- Answer:First Paragraph line 3: replace army’s with armies line 5: replace witch with which Second Paragraph line 2: replace dose with does line 4: replace planed with planned line 12: replace tourist with tourists line 13: replace where with were Third Paragraph line 1: replace unlocked with unlocked line 1: replace we for the first time with we, for the first time, line 2: replace where with were Fourth Paragraph line 2: replace turn with turned line 2: replace inn with in line 3: replace too with to line 6: replace where with were line 10: replace there with their line 12: replace off with of Fifth Paragraph line 3: replace then with than line 3: replace son with soon hope i helped btw, my bf’s from Norway! ha
Associated Hotel Furnace Question:I’m considering a visit to Death Valley.?
Has anyone stayed in the hotels at either Stovepipe Wells or Furnace Creek? If so, what did you think of them? Also, what are the best things to see in Death Valley? Has anyone stayed in the hotels at either Stovepipe Wells or Furnace Creek? If so, what did you think of them? Also, what are the best things to see in Death Valley? I’ve reposted this to get more answers.
- Answer:You will love Death Valley! There is sooooo much to see, you will not be able to see it all in a day. I stayed inside the park once, the rooms are quite basic, actually downright primitive. But they are a place to lay your head. If you are coming from Vegas, there are hotel/casino places to stay in Beatty, much better accomodations, and less expensive. Then you can visit Rhyolite on your way to Death Valley (definitely worth the trip!). In Death Valley, one of the coolist things I did was just park on the side of the road (just about anywhere) and walk out to the salt flats. It’s one of the coolest things to see, it looks like snow, but it’s salt. I would take a hiking stick or some type of stick with you to test the ground in front of you before you walk. There are some soft areas that you could sink ito a little bit. Badwater is a great site. It can look a bit muddy and mucky sometimes of the year, but when it is a nice bright white, it’s a amazing site. Definitely go up the mountain (sorry, I can’t remember the name of it) It’s towards the southern end of the park.. Great vistas, and the most amazing panoramas. Absolutely breathtaking. Death Valley is easily one of the most beautiful creations in this country, it just happens to have a bad sounding name that turns people off. Enjoy your trip.
Associated Hotel Furnace Question:Can anyone help me with an old movie title?
Okay, well a friend of mine was watching his T.V. one night hen he was a kid and he saw the beginning of a movie. It was a lady, walking into a grungy old rundown hotel. She takes her hair down out of a ponytail and flips it over her face. she bends down over a furnace as if it were a sink. She prepares to wash her hair…. she bends over and places her hair in the furnace. The flames lick around her face and then…… somebody turns the cannel. my friend still wants to know what movie that was. I have no idea. If you can provide me with an answer I will reward you with best answer and 50 points. Thanks…. thanks..ill check it out.
- Answer:It MIGHT be circus of horrors. I know women get killed in ugly fashion in that one…Just thought of another one. “The Hypnotic Eye”…Check it out…Good Luck!… Update: “The Hypnotic Eye” has been confirmed! Just came across a trailer for it that actually shows the scene you mention!…I’ll see if I can find the link again…Here you go… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntFn59uIxvA
Associated Hotel Furnace Question:Bad dream, embarressed, burning dog, yelling aunt?
I had a dream a few nights back, with multiple “scenes” in it. First I was with my church youth group, and we went on a trip. There was a gas station there and for whatever reason i decided to buy some of the personal lube they were selling. So I tried to secretly hand it to the cashier when suddenly everyone was standing in front of me and there were lots of other groups of school kids standing around to see. So suddenly everyone goes “ohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!” ya know like stupid jr high kids do, and my dad tried to back me up and my youth paster was pissed and when we left she drove us all into and through a mall and we were going crazy everywhere. Then I had a dog, a dog that doesnt really exist. He could talk and he was smart like ppl and everything and he was like my very best friend. But then he was trapped in a burning furnace in a basement of a shop. It wasnt like a normal furnace cus the whole room was on fire. My family, kept saying he’ll be fine and they wanted me to do other things we were doing all this stuff we needed to go to this place and I kept saying we need to save him but they wouldn’t let me. Finally he broke himself out and I got there when it would have been to late and he was mad at me. I didn’t know why I couldn’t overcome the will of my family to go save our talking dog. Then I was at some hotel, we were hosting a party at my aunts house. I had to get to the party but it was storming. Me, my dad, and my friend all had to run there (or maybe we were on bikes i cant remember) but we had to run a long ways, me and my friend seperated from my dad which I liked for some reason, but also made me really nervous. We ran a long ways down dirt roaded alleys and lots of places and it was raining and storming the whole time. We got to the party and I was releived it seemed as though all my troubles were gone. But then my aunt came and got me to yell at me. I remember her making me so mad. (she has yelled at me for things before, I actually did do what she was yelling at me for but my parents beleived me when i lied so i got away with it. I never did even feel guilty though, and still dont. I was just mad at her for yelling at me like that, she also yelled at both my sisters, a few cousins, my mom, my other aunt, my dad, my friends mom and well, you get it) so I was so mad when she yelled at me I screamed back this time, this time i told her exactly how i feel. I got a few dirt tracks on her rug and she was telling me how im gonna scrub it for weeks to get it out. I remember at the time knowing that that was a lie and that she really didn’t have a reason to yell at me. I remember it being redicrulously faint tracks to the point that when she told me to leave i stormed into the room where the party was where she ran after me. I yelled at her and said fine tiffany (her name) I will leave my own party. If your gonna treat me that way then I dont want to be here anyways. I said it in from of everybody so my parents and everybody would see that she was kicking me out to make her look bad. And heck, it worked really well. My parents chewed her out and left too. what do u think it means?
- Answer:You have the same dream in three different versions. The theme of all three is needing to stand up for what you need/want. Only in the final dream do you succeed in standing up for yourself. Dreams present real things, emotions, or experiences in symbolic form. So the lube in the first dream represents personal, private needs. You deserve to be able to take care of your personal needs without others mocking you. In the second dream, your burning dog represents yourself, probably “burning” with embarrassment. You deserve to be able to take care of yourself without being embarrassed or hindered by others. In the third dream, you overcame difficulties in order to fulfill your responsibilities (attending the party) only to be blamed for very minor damage. You deserve to be given credit for what you accomplish without being criticized or embarrassed for trivialities. This dream is both problem solving and rehearsal. Your subconscious mind presented three separate scenarios, so your sleeping self could try out different ways to solve the problems. You also rehearsed different behaviors to see which worked out best. By the third scenario, your subconscious mind had solved the problem and determined the best course of action.